Bitmask is an open source VPN client for Android to provide easy and secure encrypted communication. You can use the Bitmask VPN client to connect to several different supported service providers (Riseup, Calyx...) or start your own service.
LEAP Encryption Access Project
"LEAP is a non-profit dedicated to giving all internet users access to secure communication. Our focus is on adapting encryption technology to make it easy to use and widely available, including in censored environments."
Development of Bitmask Desktop & Android apps is principally sponsored by LEAP (LEAP Encryption Access Project)
Custom Bitmask Apps
The RiseupVPN is built on the Bitmask desktop and Android technology and aims to create an easy to use VPN client that does not require any configuration or account creation. The user simply installs the auto-configured application and can immediately connect to the Riseup network. RiseupVPN is available for macOS, GNU/Linux, Windows and Android.
The CalyxVPN is built on the Bitmask Android technology and comes preconfigured with The Calyx Institute as the service provider.
The Bitmask Android & Desktop apps are currently localized under one project in Transifex.
Contributing to translations of the Bitmask Android and Desktop applications means that you are also supporting the custom branded VPN services like RiseupVPN and CalyxVPN that are built on top of Bitmask.
1. Create a Transifex Account:
- Haven't created a Transifex account yet? Create one here.
3. Download Bitmask:
This is an important step to familiarize you with the tool and the original English strings and translations in context.
4. Review the #Translation Guidelines:
- Make sure you are familiar with the Translation Guidelines before you begin translating. They contain important information like whether or not to translate or transliterate the project name.
Priorities are based on current users of the Android application.
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Refer to the general Translation and Review Guidelines.
- Do not translate or transliterate the app name. If it is necessary to transliterate for users in your language, please leave "Bitmask" and "RiseUp" in Latin letters followed by the transliterated name in parentheses.
- Ex: Briar (برایر)
Keep up-to-date by joining the LEAP mailing list