SecureDrop is a whistleblower submission system that media organizations can use to securely accept documents from and communicate with anonymous sources.
- Localization Priorities and Timeline
- Current Localized Versions: Arabic, Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål (nb_NO), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Spanish, German, French, Greek
A step-by-step guide to using SecureDrop to share tips with The Globe
Note that this Globe and Mail SecureDrop overview is from February 2016 and updates have been made to the software. This is however a great initial overview of how media organizations and whistleblowers can use SecureDrop to securely and anonymously share documents.
- SecureDrop is translated via SecureDrop's own instance of Weblate. You will need to create an account before you can contribute.
- Take a look at this Weblate Starter Tutorial to learn how to sign up and use Weblate.
Demoing and Testing
The SecureDrop demo is not being maintained at the moment.
- Take a look at the SecureDrop i18n demo to see up-to-date translations in context.
Get in Contact
SecureDrop chatroom : For quick questions there is a good chance to catch a SecureDrop developer in the chatroom.
SecureDrop Forum : The SecureDrop forum is the most reliable way to keep in touch with the SecureDrop development team and fellow translators and reviewers.