I18n & L10n Mailing Lists
Localization Lab Discussion Forum: Discussion Forum for all Localization Lab stakeholders including developers, volunteer contributors & partner organizations.
Linguine Mailing List: Mailing list for developers of open source technologies focused on digital security and circumvention.
12 Commandments Of Software Localization - TLDR: Don't concatenate strings! (and more)
Unicode Consortium Common Locale Data Repository
Language Matching: "Language Matching data is used to match the user’s desired language/locales against an application’s supported languages/locales."
Language Plural Rules
Language Codes and Locales
Why does choosing the appropriate language codes and locales matter within the translation tool?
- Glossaries and Translation Memory are only shared across the same language code and locale.
- Ex: hi (Hindi) and hi_IN (Hindi (India) will not share a glossary or translation memory.
Language / Locale Preferences & Resolution
Google Play Store
- Title: 50 characters
- Short Description: 80 characters
- Long Description: 4000 characters
Bidirectional and RTL Languages
Bidirectionality - Material.io
- Tips for mirroring display and icons for RTL languages.
Zawgyi vs. Unicode - Context and suggestions for making tools available for non-Unicode Burmese fonts.