Join the Onion Browser Test Flight to test the Onion Browser beta and view translations in context.
"Onion Browser is a free and open-source web browser for iPhone and iPad that encrypts and tunnels web traffic through the Tor network, with extra features to help you browse the internet privately."
Tor at the Heart: Onion Browser (and more iOS Tor) - Tor Project Blog
Languages Currently Available: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Macedonian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Persian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Note: POE is a deprecated project and should be ignored.
Localize Onion Browser
1. Create a Transifex Account:
- Haven't created a Transifex account yet? Create one here.
2. Join the Onion Browser Translation Team:
3. Download Onion Browser:
- Download Onion Browser for iOS!
- This is an important step that will allow you to get comfortable with the tool and view the original English strings and translations in context. Use the application as a companion as you localize.
- Don't have an iOS device? Be sure to reference the screenshots made available by the Onion Browser developers.
4. Review the #Translation Guidelines:
- Make sure you are familiar with the Translation Guidelines before you begin translating. They contain important information like whether or not to translate or transliterate the project name.
5. Start Translating from the #Translation Priorities & Resources:
- The list of resources and translation priorities will help you decide which content to work on first in the Onion Browser project. Some resources are much more important to work on than others because they affect a larger number of Onion Browser users. Dedicate your time on the resources that will make the most impact for users first.
6. Join the Onion Browser TestFlight:
- Join the Onion Browser "TestFlight" so that you can demo the localized application prior to official release. This will allow you to play with new features, review translations in context, and make adjustments as necessary prior to official release.
Refer to the general Translation and Review Guidelines.
- Do not translate "Onion" in "Onion Browser." You may translate "Browser" however.
- Ex: Navigateur Onion; Navegador Onion; Onion متصفح
- Before you translate #Apple App Store Resources, make sure your language has Apple App Store support! If your language is not supported, your translations will unfortunately not be used.
Translation Priorities & Resources
Where should you start translating? You should begin translating the resources marked Urgent, then move to High Priority resources, finishing the rest of the resources last.
Apple App Store Resources
The following resources relate to the Apple App Store. Note that the App Store is only available in certain languages. Do not translate the following resources if your languages is not on the list of supported locales