"Onion Browser is a free and open-source web browser for iPhone and iPad that encrypts and tunnels web traffic through the Tor network, with extra features to help you browse the internet privately."
Tor at the Heart: Onion Browser (and more iOS Tor) - Tor Project Blog
Languages Currently Available: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Macedonian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Persian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Telugu, Ukrainian.
Don't see your language? Join the translation team below and make Onion Browser available for your community.
Localize Onion Browser
1. Create a Transifex Account:
- Haven't created a Transifex account yet? Create one here.
2. Join the Onion Browser Translation Team:
3. Download Onion Browser:
- Download Onion Browser for iOS!
- This is an important step that will allow you to get comfortable with the tool and view the original English strings and translations in context. Use the application as a companion as you localize.
- Don't have an iOS device? Be sure to reference the screenshots made available by the Onion Browser developers.
4. Review the #Translation Guidelines:
- Make sure you are familiar with the Translation Guidelines before you begin translating. They contain important information like whether or not to translate or transcribe the project name.
- Both Onion Browser and POE need to be localized in order for Onion Browser to be released.
- Do not translate "Onion" in "Onion Browser." You may translate "Browser" however.
- Ex: Navigateur Onion; Navegador Onion; Onion متصفح
- Only translate AppStoreStrings.md into European languages.
Why? App store descriptions in several languages primarily used outside of Europe will need to be adapted dependant on region and will be localized outside of Transifex.