Check is an open source collaborative tool developed by Meedan that helps professional and citizen journalists, civil society organizations and activists verify breaking news online, in real time. In an era in which mis-information and verified news alike are constantly vying for our attention online and through social media platforms, having the tools available to verify information quickly, before it spreads, is vital.
1. Create a Transifex Account:
- Haven't created a Transifex account yet? Create one here.
3. Create a Check Account:
- Create a Check account! This is an important step to familiarize you with the platform and the original English strings and translations in context. Check is a web-based platform that you can use on any browser.
4. Review the Check Vocabulary Guide
- The vocabulary guide overviews how different terms are used within the Check platform. Reviewing the terms will help you correctly translate them.
4. Review the #Translation Guidelines:
- Make sure you are familiar with the Translation Guidelines before you begin translating. They contain important information like whether or not to translate or transliterate the project name.
- Do not translate or transliterate the platform name. If it is necessary to transliterate for users in your language, please leave "Check" in Latin letters followed by the transliterated name in parentheses.
- Ex: Briar (برایر)