Contributor Roles and Guidelines
- Make sure you review the Localization Lab Roles and Guidelines before you begin translating. The guidelines will help you understand community expectations for developers, translators, reviewers and language coordinators and how you can most effectively contribute.
Getting Started on the Translation Platforms
Translation and Review Best Practices
Note: Language-specific resources will be found on the Language Resources page.
Translation and Review Guidelines - Localization Lab
TranslateHouse Localisation Guide Localisation Guide - TranslateHouse
Microsoft International Style Guides - Microsoft
Documentation for Mozilla Localizers - Mozilla
*Search for a term in English and refer to the "Languages" section in the sidebar to see if a page for that term exists in your language. You can also add terms yourself: "How to Translate"
- African Network for Localization FOSS Glossaries No longer available online. Localization Lab will be making the downloadable CSV files available on the Localization Lab site soon.
*Glossaries are downloadable as CSV and are available for Akan, Arabic, Amharic, French, Kinyarwanda, Lingala, Luganda, Songhay, Yoruba, and Zulu.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation's Security Self-Defense Glossary
*Available in: Amharic, Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Urdu
Multi-Lingual Style Guides
- Microsoft Language Portal Downloadable Style Guides
- Mozilla Language Team Resources
*Find your language by its ISO 639-1/2 code